House Ashryver is the name of Wendlyn's royal family. The current monarch of the kingdom is King Glaston Ashryver, and his heir is Crown Prince Galan Ashryver. The family's seat is in Varese, the capital city.
The House descends from Queen Mab, one of the two Fae Queens. The Ashryvers had been good friends to Terrasen and House Galathynius, and both were threatened by the growing power of the Havilliards. Glaston's sister, Evalin Ashryver, was also wed to Orlon Galathynius's nephew, Rhoe.
Evalin Ashryver was later assassinated by the King of Adarlan, a Havilliard who had been possessed by a Valg and saw her family as a threat. Aedion Ashryver, Evalin's relative through a cousin of hers, was close to her daughter and became a respected general in Adarlan's army. When Aelin reappeared ten years later, he joined her court and helped her overthrow the King of Adarlan.
After the assassinations, Wendlyn, led by Glaston and his son Galan, declared war on the Empire of Adarlan to avenge his sister. However, Wendlyn sent no aid to Terrasen when it was under attack, earning them the disdain of both Aelin and her cousin Aedion. The war has raged for ten years.
Heir of Fire
As told by Dorian Havilliard, Prince Galan, Aelin's cousin, is one of Wendlyn's fiercest warriors, feared by him and his father. Aelin is sent to Wendlyn by the captain, Chaol Westfall, on a mission to assassinate the royal family of Wendlyn. She chooses not to carry out the assassination. Aelin instead watches Galan parade around Wendlyn.
Empire of Storms
Aelin sends a blunt message to Galan to help her. He arrives with his armada only after Aelin is kidnapped, and speaks with Rowan. He shows him the letter she sent, and meets with "Aelin", actually Lysandra in Aelin's form.
- Glaston Ashryver - Current King of Wendlyn
- Galan Ashryver - Crown Prince of Wendlyn
- Aedion Ashryver - Cousin to the ruling bloodline
- Aedion's mother † - Evalin's cousin, Aedion's mother
- Evalin Galathynius † - Glaston's sister, married into House Galathynius
- Aelin Ashryver Galathynius - related to the Ashryvers on her maternal side
- Rhoe Galathynius † - married to Evalin Galathynius
- Most Ashryvers seem to have rather pale hair (Celaena, Evalin, Aedion) and, (as stated in Crown of Midnight) have turquoise irises, encircled within a ring of gold, which are famous and well known in legend.